We are using Machform in a community college in New York State in the US. With all the new legislation that is either in effect or going into effect soon that requires us to protect personally identifiable information (PII) more and more carefully, some of the features of Machform are proving problematic. This is especially true of the default setting that puts all of the collected data from form submission into the body of an automatically generated email or an automatically generated PDF attached to an email. It would be much better, given the need to protect PII these days, to have an option to change the default email body/PDF body.
Obviously, this is a problem that can be solved by user education/training, but it can be hard to get the word out to all our Machform users and even harder to make sure they abide by any new guidelines and requirements we communicate to them.
It would be a useful feature if we in ITS, as Machform "superadmins", could do the following:
- Change the default body of new automatically generated emails and PDF attachments (as previously stated).
- Turn off the ability to configure forms to send email from within Machform on a user-by-user basis.
- Turn off the ability to configure forms to attach the form data as a PDF email attachment, if emailing is allowed.
- Turn off the ability to manually send an email containing the data from a form to someone.
- Turn off the ability to export form data as a CSV file, Excel file, or PDF.
This would allow us to lock things down quite a bit until we are sure our users are familiar with the new PII protection requirements.